Saturday, January 19, 2008

Making copies of a body kit.

I am planning on making copies of a body kit that is no longer in production. The original manufacture tossed out the molds years ago. So do I have any thing to worry about as far as copyright stuff? I just got the kit today it was molded in to the car it came off of. Also because it was cheaper to ship it has been cut in to smaller pieces. My first step is to clean it up remove all the filler that they used to blend it to the car. Then I will reassemble the kit back in to 4 pieces.

Here is the kit as I got it all cut up, covered in bondo, all the corners munched up, badly holes cut for lights or exhaust





























































Yep its a mess! I will be starting on it soon.

I also have a spoiler that i am going to make a mold of to make copies as well













This is what the kit looked like in happier times

Then some wear and tear











Same model kit different car







Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 16, 2008 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi. You must have made some progress by now...I was wondering which ethos you used to make copies. Fiberglass mold ?

I'm trying to do the same thing and I have a hard time figuring out how to do the bumper with a multi-piece mold.

Any advice ?

Thanks !

 
At September 16, 2008 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi. You must have made some progress by now...which method did you use to make the copies ? Fiberglass mold I'm trying to do the same thing you did and I have a hard time figuring out the bumper with a multi-piece mold. Any advice ?

Thanks !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home